ATTENTION ALL PILOTS! NEW REQUIREMENTS EFFECTIVE 13NOV19 (UPDATED INFO 04NOV20)
Effective 13NOV19 a new procedure is in force for ALL flights at aerodrome Spilve (see the published document below):
--> ALL flights should have an FPL filed (well, that is nothing new, has been in force for years already);
--> The FPL field 18 shall contain a phrase "PPR CONFIRMED XXXX" where XXXX is a number of PPR assigned by the aerodrome administration.
This came also unexpected for us so the quick procedure for the nearest weeks will be following:
1) Make sure you have read and fully understood the Spilve procedures published in AIP.
2) (new) Fill in the PPR application (Google forms) below this text (or just copy this link in a new browser window https://forms.gle/xy8Fs6smrHBgWFqd8)
3) We will try our best to issue a PPR number within 12 hrs after application, normally it is much shorter.
4) File the FPL with the above mentioned phrase and number in field 18.
5) Go fly! FPL has to be activated!!! Either after airborne with controller or before take-off via phone
6) After the flight CLOSE the FPL either by contacting appropriate ATC or by calling ATS briefing office via phone +37167300642 (don't have to do both). Also don't forget to cancel your FPL if the flight did not happen, normally via phone.
(Hint, if you plan to stay outside controlled airspace but just want to advise ATC of anything, for example, extended flight time, normally use Riga Info 133.200 MHz.)
Resident pilots of Spilve and also frequent guests will be assigned an individual PPR number.
On aerodrome status and actions in 2019
Greetings to all the aviators in the upcoming New Year!
You've probably followed various news about the fate of the aerodrome in the media. Much of what is read there is also directly related to reality. So, very briefly, about the current situation and expectations for the future:
1) The existing "old" foundation "Lidlauks Spilve" is currently being closed, instead, the "new" foundation "Lidosta Spilve" is operating for about a year already. This step had to be taken because the old foundation was founded by the Riga City Council, which, after several years of operation of the aerodrome, has realized that this model is not really correct, that the operation of the aerodrome is not a municipal function. The new foundation was founded by several companies and individuals interested in the development of Spilve. The contact info of the new foundation is already in the contact section of this website.
2) The new foundation has received the status of a public benefit organization and has already received a civil engineering structure for free use - runway with taxiways N, M, S and F. As soon as the documents for land under the runway with the Freeport of Riga are arranged, an application for the aerodrome certificate will be submitted to the CAA, this is now postponed to the end of 2019 as the previously mentioned activity with port is now stalling for several months already.
3) Operation of the entire active aerodrome, i.e., the apron will gradually be moved to the NE end of runway, to the area between the runway and the Daugavgrīva highway during the year 2019-2020.
4) Aerodrome fees: single landing fees remain the same for the time being but the annual aerodrome usage fee will be 365 EUR per pilot in 2019. Anyone ready to open his/her flying season can transfer the fee to the new foundation bank account which can be found in the Contacts page already now stating following phrase in the payment details: "ANNUAL AERODROME FEE FOR 2019, pilot's NAME, SURNAME".
Fly safely and follow the rules!
Attention! Flight rule changes!
In accordance with administrative act of CAA, all flights within Spilve ATZ shall have:
1) two-way radio;
2) Mode A/C transponder, sq2000;
3) active flight plan.
To Spilve users:
NEW PROCEDURES EFF 29MAY14
New AIP chapter on aerodrome Spilve with new flight rules and procedures is effective May29, 2014. Even if one single light minded pilot will neglect or break these rules, we all can get punished.
Every pilot who did not attend one of the two seminars organized in May shall learn the information independently and sign the special instruction journal which will be available in Spilve briefing room starting evening of May 27.
The EVRS AIP chapter can be downloaded HERE NB! The meteorological minimum for VFR flights in Spilve ATZ shall be the same as for Riga CTR (visibility minimum 5km and clouds not lower than 1500 ft). Regarding current WX consult Riga ATIS.
Airfield database created by few Latvian enthusiastic flyers has moved to new location MyAirfields.com
We strongly suggest pilots to use it for reference!
Aviation Celebration in the Aerodrome Spilve got 65 000 visitors over the weekend
Tie down your aircraft!
Video from Spilve Aviation Celebration 2011
Effective October 12 anyone wanting to enter Latvia will need to have a filled electronic form "Covidpass.lv". More info here: https://www.iem.gov.lv/en/jaunums/no-12-oktobra-skersojot-latvijas-republikas-robezu-bus-jaaizpilda-elektroniska-anketa
Military exercise 22-25 SEP in Riga and vicinity will put limitations on Spilve usability.
Actively check the published info in AIP SUP and NOTAMs!
August 17, 1200-1800 the Aviation Festival in Spilve!!!
100LL not avbl at the moment.
April 18, 1030-1300 (local) UAV mission will take place in Riga Port over Sarkandaugava max. ALT 200FT.
Today, April 5 1100-1400 (local) UAV mission will take place in Riga Port over Sarkandaugava max. ALT 200FT.